Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rest

It's a weekend of rest for us. Last Saturday we flew to Dayton and loaded our stored belongings and the furniture in the house into a huge rental truck. We said goodbye to Miamisburg and our house, choking back the tears. We made it back to LA Tuesday night and unloaded the truck into another storage place. AARRGGHHHH....moving is not fun.
This is the Chef Menteur Blvd. bridge over the Industrial Canal in New Orleans. We flew out of New Orleans (cheap tickets) so we had to stop on the way back and pick up our vehicle.
This is I-10 over Lake Ponchatrain going into New Orleans.

Cucmbers, carrots, green beans, and onions out of the garden. I dug up a few carrots to see if they were ready. They're still a little too skinny and tasted bitter. I'll leave the rest in the ground for another week or so.
High maintenance Winston begging for food from my dad.
This toad was hanging out in the garden this morning, bufo nebulifer I believe (gulf coast toad). Bufo means toad in latin. I had my gloves on because toads always pee on you when you pick them up, thinking you'll drop them.

No comments: